Tagged by brevetcaptain
Rules: Always post the rules. Answer the questions of the person who tagged you and write 11 new ones. Tag 11 people and link them. Let them know they are tagged.
My 11 Questions:
1. James Bond: Overrated, Underrated, Properly Rated?
I guess it depends on who’s doing the rating. If it’s someone who rates him as “kick-ass awesome”, then he’s properly rated.
2. Best live event (concert, sporting event, play, etc.) you’ve witnessed in person?
Sarah McLachlan at the Orpheum in Boston was pretty awesome.
3. Have you willfully or intentionally caused a traffic accident?
No. But I came *this* close when I punched my brakes on a tailgater. A few times. I can’t stand tailgaters.
4. Ever been seasick?
No. But I fainted once while fishing. Back in college, I think. We were on a party boat off Plymouth fishing for cod, but just kept pulling up dogfish because there weren’t any cod left in the bay. The crew members would cut the dogfish off the lines, break their skulls, and toss them back. I wasn’t too happy with this procedure. I was watching one of rejected dogfish in its death throes spiralling down into the murky depths and the next thing i knew I was lying on the deck of the boat with my friend over me asking if I was ok. I was lucky I didn’t go over the railing.
5. What song is guaranteed to make you stop whatever it is you are doing and get up and dance?
The Hot Dog Dance. Fortunately, the kids have stopped watching Mickey Mouse Clubhouse, so I don’t have to do that any more.
6. Given the abject failure of Leninism and the true horrors of Stalinism and Maoism, is it now a given that socialism cannot work as an organizing principle for a society?
I don’t know. It seems like those failures were caused by the people running the system, and not necessarily the system itself. I think it could work if entrusted to the right people. But perhaps the system lends itself to making leaders corrupt. So maybe it’s a catch-22.
7. Is there a truly classic, seemingly untouchable Hollywood film that you would like to see remade? By whom? Starring whom?
I’m not really a big proponent of remakes. If a movie is a classic, what’s to be gained artistically by remaking it?
8. What profession other than your own or what you’re studying to do most intrigues you?
Lactation Consultant. Babies and boobs. What could be better?
9. Is there a food your family/partner/spouse loves and serves/enjoys often that you cannot stand?
Nope. I eat almost anything as long as it isn’t overly spicy. Kathy’s father, though, used to love to serve turnip when we went over for dinner, which I’m not fond of. I think he did it as a challenge. I would still eat it, though.
10. Worst book you ever finished reading all the way through, just for spite and hate-reading and rage?
Countdown by David Hagberg. Back in my techno-thriller phase. Truly terrible writing.
11. Would you go into space if offered a seat on a Soyuz rocket?
I don’t think so. I’m pretty risk-averse, and this seems quite risky.
I don’t really have the energy to think of 11 new questions right now, so I’m not going to tag anyone else. Look at me breaking the rules!