I found out I had EE when my gastroenterologist called me with the results of my endoscopy.
"You have eosinophilic esophagitis."
"Well, why don’t you Google it? Then, call me back and we can discuss treatment."
Seriously. Google it. He didn’t even give me a specific web site to check out. And Google didn’t help much, because when I was first diagnosed back in 2007 the understanding of this condition was still just beginning, so there wasn’t much info on the web. The Wikipedia entry was just a few sentences.
I changed doctors.
18 Notes/ Hide
- medhba likes this
- karsonk likes this
- justalittletaste likes this
- monkeyfrog likes this
- yeahhappy likes this
- tonimclellan said: Google it / Just a little bit
- tonimclellan likes this
- milkglassmao likes this
- fictionandneuroscience likes this
- fuiru likes this
- redjeep said: Geeez -us-H-Key-rice did he wear a red rubber nose when he performed the endoscopy? Run!!!!
- redjeep likes this
- illustratedexample said: "look sir, I know you’ve been mauled by a bear, but why don’t you just google bear attacks and call me back later"
- kfedup said: What the hell kind of doctor says ‘google it’? Most say ‘stay the hell off the internet’. Hope you find some relief.
- kfedup likes this
- donthenerd likes this
- illustratedexample likes this
- cwj posted this